Saturday, September 4, 2010

Absquatulate

absquatulate\ab-skwoch-uh-leyt \,verb;
To flee; abscond.

I'm sitting here, yet flying. I close my eyes and feel the earth move. I am not stationary.
A woman comes in through the door to my left and I watch her approach and then pass me. How does she walk and not fall down? How are her steps so steady, so sure and set? And I am too afraid to stand? I put my head in my hands.
I will not move from this spot, yet I am always in motion. This sounds strange even to me but I know that it is true. My senses do not allow me to ignore the constant spinning. I see blurred edges. My eyes burn. Everything is in static. Nothing is solid: not an apple, not a wheelchair, not a doorframe. How am I sitting? I try not to question everything, but this is difficult.

1 comment:

  1. Of the two, I like this one a lot more; it must be the sense of inner chaos.

    ReplyDelete